Standing on your hands
Standing on your hands - give your feet a break
This fun and challenging workshop is designed to teach you how to do arm-balances and inversions with greater mindfulness and ease. We often over-rely on force when working on these poses rather than learning to understand the essential actions and movements. This workshop helps your body understand the mechanics of arm-balances and inversions to ultimately make these inspiring poses part of your repertoire.
Be educated, challenged and invigorated. This workshop is one not to be missed!
- Lecture style and discussion on the anatomy, science and psychology of arm-balancing and inversions
- Exploration of key muscles and individual limitations
- Creating good habits in foundational poses such as plank and chaturanga
- Developing a checklist to use each time the weight transfers to the upper body making the seemingly impossible, possible
- Action and discovery, a playful segment where students will work with an array of arm balances and inversions
- A cool down sequence on the floor filled with forward folds, hip openers and a glorious savansana
**Places will only be reserved upon receipt of full payment. Full refund offered up to 2 weeks prior to event, after this time refunds will only be offered if your position can be filled.
|Time||9:30am - 12:00pm|
|Where||Camelot Theatre (Upstairs), Mosman Park|